Monday, January 2, 2012

Crazy sexy lessons and HAPPY new year!

So as you may or may not know, I am a Kris Carr groupie. She could be in my glitter unicorn club if I knew her in real life she's that groovy.

Today i read a post of hers on her website, a timely post. I found it as I sat down with my main Unicorn, Beth to do our yearly new years ritual of vegan chili dogs and goal setting. Not just work and resolutiony stuff, but everything, we brainstorm and write in our Wizard of Oz journals all the things that make us happy, that we want to do or have or achieve, so you will see why a post titled "10 things I learned from people who survive cancer" is relevant. I read it out loud as an inspiration for us and had a hard time not crying. (the link is below) - I am that, I have become and done the things on that list -  well except for the bungee jumping shit, I will never do that. But I am and do all those things. And honestly I didn't before cancer. And it's a gift , it really is, i know gift is a touchy word among cancer survivors, yet i don't know a better way to describe the positives that have resulted since going through it all.  But these lessons are for everyone. Just do it, prioritize joy, now!
One of the first things I thought this morning knowing I was going to be powwowing with beth tonight, was that my leading word of the year was HAPPY. Happy is the underlying motivation for all I do and all I hope to achieve. I hope it sprinkles on all of you like glitter.

Here my friends is the post, read It and be happy.

10 THINGS I LEARNED FROM PEOPLE WHO SURVIVE CANCER

2 comments:

  1. "[P]rioritize joy, now!"

    Hear HEAR!

    Stealing this (with credit, of course) for my mantra for 2012!

    Thank you, Nanette, for sharing your journey--from challenging to celebratory--with us all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing your joy, passion and glitter!!! I take the challenge, and hold it dear to my heart. Joy every day, and let no one or anything steal it from me! I nearly lost my life, too, but I needed your kick in the pants to get me back on track!

    ReplyDelete